To help in our prevention efforts ROOSEVELT ISD is implementing the School Reach “EAGLE TIP LINE”. The purpose of this program is to create an anonymous, two-way means for students, parents, guardians and others to report incidents of potential harmful or violent acts by others. The Eagle Tip Line numbers are listed below:
Our EAGLE TIP LINE numbers are:
Junior High: (806)853-5058
High School: (806)853-5057
How it works.
- The EAGLE TIP LINE can receive voice calls and text messages. To send a voice call, simply dial the number and, after the short greeting, leave your message. For text, just send a text message to the number. The service is operational 24/7/365.
Who receives the messages?
- A designated school official receives the message directly. No one else can read or see the messages.
Is the system anonymous?
- Yes. The caller ID of the sender is replaced with a “sender ID” that is used for message delivery and reporting only. No names or other information are associated with the received messages.
- The EAGLE TIP LINE gives us the ability to reply to and have two-way anonymous text message conversations.
- We do not have the ability to reply to all voice messages, just those left from a mobile device. So if you want a reply to a voice message, please call from a mobile or cellular device. Replies come as a text message.
What information should be sent?
- Since the service is anonymous, we don’t know who is sending the message/tip. The more information we are given, the more help we can provide. Users are encouraged to provide as much information as possible or as much as they feel comfortable providing.
- As noted above, we can reply to messages and have an anonymous conversation with the sender. We may ask for more information as necessary.
- If an EAGLE TIP LINE user is providing a tip on violence or harmful acts that are being planned by others, we ask that he or she provide as much specific information as possible, immediately, so we can ensure the safety of all students and faculty.
- Anyone who would like to leave a call back number, or his or her identity, is encouraged to do so.
Again, we want to provide our community with the means to provide the School District with crucial information to ensure the safety of all students and staff. Please use this EAGLE TIP LINE for emergency purposes when you feel that anyone is in danger.